Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Traveling With a Baby (NEED HELP)

Okay, I need help. 
Calling ALL wise advice and tips. 

So Robbie and I are leaving for Mississippi for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks. I am just overwhelmed with excitement and can not wait to see my family. 

However, it literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about the 10 hour drive with Robbie AND Ainsley.

I know how to tune Ainlsey out when she starts screaming/crying. I can "handle" it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that it is a pleasant sound. But for me, it is less stressful to just tune her out when I have to. 

Robbie....HE CANT HANDLE IT!!! 

I mean he freaks out, he whines, he complains, and he constantly asks me to make her stop crying. 

So when she starts crying in the car, it becomes a more stressful situation for me. To the point that I honestly would rather kick Robbie out of the car before Ainsley! haha. 

So Robbie and I had a talk about this a couple days ago, and I asked him to PLEASE figure out something to where he can handle it (Don't worry friends, he is just as worried about this trip as I have been).  Because it is inevitable that she IS going to cry at some point. 

My question for all of you so that I don't go INSANE on this trip is: 
"What are YOUR tips on traveling with an infant? "

I would really like to get to Mississippi looking like this




3 comments:

  1. True, driving through the evening may be your best solution. Not the most fun driving late, but she will probably sleep great.

    Also, we have the AWESOME earbuds that literally are like ear plugs! All you hear is the music! Perhaps he could take some of those and his ipod to drown it out (I need YOU to be driving if he is wearing those please!!!! Drivers need to HEAR!!!) but I would say that is a great option.

    I would use both to tell you the truth! Drive through the night AND get those earbuds! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, the best thing to do is to plan your trip with small segments built in. I have traveled across the country many times with babies in the car, and the number 1 thing to keeping your sanity is lots of stops and getting them out of that cramped, stiffening, boring seat. It lengthens your trip considerably, but this is the way to go for cry free trips. OR...drive all night. Pros and cons to both methods. If you have the extra money (and I know most of the time we don't), slowing down and enjoying the journey with building in a hotel stay over will make you ALL much happier.
    Also, Benadryl is a travelling mother's best friend. But try it at home first to see if it relaxes her or makes her cranky. It depends on the baby. I used to give my kids a half dose to help them sleep longer when we traveled (back in the day when Colorado was 25 hours away).

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!