Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My 30 Day Shred!

Okay so I am on day 4 of my 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels! 

Want to know what the hardest part about this new lifestyle change? Well its not the work outs. I am actually beginning to enjoy it. Even though my body feels like a giant BRUISE! haha...but I keep telling myself that its just my body's way of telling me that it is changing! :) 

 Eating is the hardest part!!

 I don't know about you, but I LOVE to eat. Especially being a housewife. Sometimes I just love to snack! 

Now that I have been counting calories, it has been such a challenge. Especially when sometimes I forget that I am on a diet. 

On the first day of my shred I was way under in calories for breakfast and lunch. Then around dinner time, I walked into the kitchen and without even thinking grabbed a slice of banana nut loaf. It didn't even dawn on me as to what I was doing until I was halfway finished with and it and then I thought "oh my goodness, I am not supposed to be eating this." 

How sad is that!? I mean I was so used to eating this way that I didn't even remember I was on a diet! 

Needless to say I had to add 170 calories for that one little slice.

Then at a party at my house last night, we had chili.(which is surprisingly low in calories, which makes this calorie counter very happy). But I was going to have tortilla chips with it and already knew that for one serving I could only have 7 chips. Well, I got so busy talking and enjoying my guest that I completely forgot that I was suppose to count my chips and make sure that was all I ate. I again forgot that I was on a diet! 

Needless to say, I was still under for both of these days. 

Sunday was my splurge day and I didn't count my calorie at all, but I still did my workout. 

Anyways, as for the shred itself. I am doing great, I am even adding in some spinning classes at the YMCA every other day for extra cardio! :) 

Here is another encouragement for my 30 day shred. This lady posted her results and lost 11 inches all over! How awesome. Just another success story to motivate me, and maybe motivate you! :) 


1 comment:

  1. I took before and after pictures when I did p90x. Really was amazing motivation! The diet will be hard for a while. Changing your lifestyle is not easy. I'm in that boat... sinking at the moment! I am not good at making good choices AT ALL! Ugh! Keep up the good work! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!