Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My New Love...aside from Robbie and Ainsley

So since I have been married I have hardly gotten to work. I got to do some promotional work with Robbie for a little bit. Have to be honest and say that its not my cup of tea, if you know what I mean. Its a lot of traveling, long hours, and not very stable. Well then we got the wonderful surprise that I was pregnant, which meant no more job for this woman! Who is going to hire a pregnant woman, especially in promotional marketing. So until next fall when I will hopefully get a teaching job, Lord willing, I have been very very bored. Those that know me, know that I am a super social person. I love people and I absolutely LOVE my friends and family. I don't like being alone too much, I would rather do things with others.
Well since I have had no choice in the matter of being by myself or spending every minute of every day with my husband, who likes to watch a lot of tv and movies on his down time by the way, I decided that I wanted to make things for our baby. Especially when I saw all the cute boutique baby clothes, blankets, bibs, etc but then looked at the price...WHOA!! who can afford that kind of stuff on a newly wed budget!?! Not us! However, I am all about looking cute and since we are having a girl she is going to make mommy proud and wear cute things :).
So I began sewing. I learned from other peoples blogs, and you tube. Google is my best friend also when it comes to sewing terms that I don't know.I have absolutely loved making things. Now if only I can make money doing it. I am just skeptical that they are not good enough to start trying to sell the things I make or that people wont buy them.

Anyways I decided to start with something easy, so I started with baby shoes and bibs.
Like these :)
Here are the shoes close up
After mastering the shoes and bibs I moved on to the pillow case dress. A lot of people actually make them out of pillow cases but I made mine out of fabric because i needed it to be small for a newborn to 6 months. Here are a couple I completed.
I LOVE this fabric. Got it at hobby lobby! Couldn't wait to make something out of it.
Here are the yo-yos close up

I guess now its on to onesies and diaper covers :). Also I want to learn to make other style dresses and clothes. I don't want Ainsley's WHOLE wardrobe to be pillowcase dresses.

Also I have been trying to make the house we are living in feel more like home and decided to go ahead and make some matching curtains to go with our colorful kitchen appliances :).

Here is the finished product:

SEE they match our bread box and cannisters

And that is mostly what I have been doing lately :). Its been fun and I am enjoying decorating the home. I think my next kitchen product is to make some cute pot holder and maybe a plastic bag holder. I found some great tutorials on them.

In other news Robbie and I have been doing wonderful. We are in a waiting period and are both jobless for the time being. I just have to continue to trust that God knows what he is doing. We are going to go ahead and get a doctor in South Carolina since we are going to be in Rock Hill for a couple more months. Thats until God's provision is made and we know where we are heading. I am so excited for these next few months though. I just know that finally in a couple of months we will know where we are going to be living for a while and that makes me happy. Continue to be in prayer for us and the decisions being made in the next few months.

Also Robbie and I have gotten into learning to use coupons effectively. You can really save a bunch of money on your groceries. If you would like to know more go to www.southernsavers.com. This has opened my eyes to a new way of shopping. I really want to go to a workshop when there is one near by. Right now they are in Columbia but I don't want to drive that far. So hopefully they will make their way up north. Here a few items this week that we got completely free by shopping with coupons.

We probably could have gotten a few more things for free like Bayers aspirin and 2000 Flushes 2 count, however, we went shopping too late and they were sold out. We were also new at it and it was our first time so we forgot to print out two coupons where it was possible to use them. Anyways, that was a trial and error :). Live and learn.

You can learn how to find great deals by going to the site. And let me know if you think I should open up my own Etsy site and start selling clothes. I could use an income :).

3 comments:

  1. DO IT!!! I absolutely LOVE the outfits & shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You watched the TLC episode about super couponers.. didn't you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha actually robbie just found that site. No, I have never seen that show. But I will watch it when it comes on now. ha

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!