Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A little of this, A little of that...

So I have so enjoyed making dresses so much for friends and family and for my sweet Ainsley. But constantly making them was going to make me get bored with them so every now and then I paused from dresses and worked on home decor! ha ha

Robbie and I being newlyweds and all don't have very much so I have been trying to find ways to slowly spruce up the place and make it feel more homey. I started with our bedroom. We got this comforter and bedding set from Target right after we got married and so I decided that it needed some matching paintings. 

So I made two of these... 

And here is the finished result:


We also had some black panel curtains, but they were see through and the sun was shining in the room really bad in the morning, so I decided to make some panels to go over them to block out the light, but to also match our room.


And that concludes Robbie and Jenn's bedroom, for now at least :) 


We were having company over the other day and I decided that the guest bathroom needed some color. Its still a work in progress and since we are only living here temporarily I don't think I will do too much more until we find a more permanent residency. 

Anyways, I am huge fan of Ashley's Blog "Make it and Love it". She is just so creative! I took her idea and I made a flower wall hanging like hers and put it above the towel rack.

I also made a valance out of this same fabric for the window. I wanted to make some red curtains behind them, but ran out of fabric. Anyways, here is the valance. 

Nothing too fancy just something quick and simple. 

I decided I needed some matching hand towels, but remember when I said that Robbie and I dont have much? Well, we have a lot of matching towels for OUR bathroom but none for a guest bathroom. So what do I do? Well I decided to make my own, so I repurposed an old white bath towel that I had from college and added trim. And there ya go, a hand towel :) 

One down and one more to go. Ran out of time today so I will have to make the other one later. 

So back to my dresses, I finally got my camera charger back and so decided to take better pics of some of the dresses. Here they are: 


I have become quite obsessed with these fabric flowers! I LOVE them and plan to do so many more. 

Robbie is obsessed with this dress. He is so proud of it. I am going to make a Gamecock one too so daddy can be even more proud! 


This is my personal favorite. I adore this fabric and can't wait to see Ainsley in it! 

UPDATE on the dresses:  I have decided to start selling them! :) 
Also I enjoy making these so much that I have been making a few for some family and friends as gifts, but from now on I am going to have to charge for them (unless I just so happen to randomly give it as a gift). The fabric is just too expensive for me to do all this for free. Anyways, if anyone would like one or knows someone who would just let me know. :) The price depends on what size and if you want a flower added or yo-yo. But look anywhere from $15-$25 per dress. All the seams are professionally seamed. It took me a while to learn but I got it down :) ha ha.  And the fabric is 100% cotton, but it is prewashed and ironed, so it shouldn't shrink. 

SO now I hope some of you are inspired to add some sprucing to your house! And just let me know if anyone would like a dress! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!