Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Im back! And with a Guest Bedroom Overhaul!

Sorry for the hiatus. I got busy. Very Busy. I also ran out of things to blog about. But then I remembered how much we have been doing to our house and why not blog about that!?

So since we finally have the living room pretty much completed in our house. I decided to pick my next project room. The guest bedroom seemed like the best pick. Its the one room in this house that we have not done a single thing to!!

Because it was left alone since we moved in, we continued to "store" stuff in it. As we cleaned a room out we threw all of the stuff that we didnt have a place for in the guest bedroom. Figuring we would get to it later. Well LATER has come!!!


Here is what the room looked like before we cleaned it out. We decided to move everything upstairs to be sorted out for good! 

There is quite a bit that needs to be done to this room. 

1. It needs to be painted. The walls are disgusting!!!

I just dont understand how anyone lets their house get this bad. But these walls....WOW! 

So that will be the first project. getting all this dark brown trim primed and painted a fresh white. And the walls painted a nice tan color.

Then there is this little gem. Wow, this room was super lucky to get a flower light switch cover. I will give this thing to anyone who wants it! I will try not to judge your taste in light switch covers as you take it. Either that or its going straight in the TRASH! 




Its really not that bad. But not my taste at all. And not what I am going for with this room. 
Speaking of lights. Eventually I want to change out this plain ole thing with a pretty chandelier of some sort. Still trying to see if I can find something that I can make. 


Then there is the closet. I am already dreading painting these doors. But if I want a cohesive look to this room. It has got to be done. Either that or I need to find a way to close off this closet without these ugly doors. 


Here is the dark trim. But also this rolling blind/curtain thing. This is getting tossed as well. Some window treatments will take its place. 


And then these is this little night stand. I am going to paint it the same color of the beautiful dresser I redid for this room. Cant wait to see how it comes out! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!