Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

No more failure!

So I have been pretty hesitant about whether to share this with others. Only because I have shared it before and failed. Also because I don't want people to know if I do fail again.

I have started a diet once again. And I am starting a work out routine shortly.

I mainly decided that I really have to do this. Not so that I can look thin and feel great about myself (which is a plus), but because I was feeling so sickly!! Seriously, eating bad can have such an effect on your body. In October I had gotten so sad and down on myself for not losing any weight in a while that I completely gave up and decided I didn't care. I was going to eat what I wanted to. I quit drinking water completely. Seriously, I never picked up a glass or a bottle in a month! And was drinking soda constantly and juice. I started to feel so bad. My body literally felt sick and old. I was always tired! I mean just lazy and tired all the time. My body did not feel right. My stomach was always feeling bad.

So then as I was talking to the Lord, I heard Him remind me that it has to be my choice. That I have to choose to live a healthy life. I mean if I keep going down that road who knows what could become of my body. I need to take care of it to be a better mom, wife and follower of Christ.

So finally on December 27, 2011 I vowed to only drink water. I gave up soda. Which was so hard to do until I got myself in the mindset for it. Now I do allow myself one cup of coffee in the morning if I would like. Although, I don't always take up this offer. I also almost every day drink one cup of hot green tea. Supposedly, it is good for you and helps with weight loss. We shall see. I figure there is no harm in drinking it! I am not punishing myself if I do drink a glass of juice or milk. I actually have not done it though. And if I do drink juice it has to be this juice I recently found that is completely non processed and it is all natural.

Since I started drinking only water, its amazing the results I have had. First off I must have gone through sort of a detox, ha ha. I felt so awful the first two days that I did it. But after that my body feels great, I don't feel so sluggish anymore. My skin is so clear! And I it makes me feel energized and healthy!

I have also cut out processed food from our meals as much as I can. I am trying as hard as I can with our food budget to make this work. It is extremely hard though.

So this I guess could be a part of my new years resolution. I know its cliche but I seriously have got to get healthier. This is not my only resolution though. I have more spiritual ones I would love to do this year but this is just one I am sharing with you all.

Now onto working out. I am hopefully going to start on Monday. I really want to get in shape and lose weight. I NEED to fit into my old clothes. That is my motivation. So I guess once again, hopefully I can be motivated this time and really stick to what I am doing.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, you can do it! I love this quote: "Failure is not about falling down, it's about not getting up again."

    I have a really hard time being disciplined in the area of working out, and I have once again resolved to do better. Sometimes that means I have to decide that again on a daily basis, because even though I know it is important it just doesn't stick automatically. Another great reason to workout and eat healthy that motivates me is that I know my children will learn by my example. I want them to exercise because it is so important to being healthy, even if you don't need to lose weight.

    Know that you aren't alone...I'm right there with you, trying again and again to make a healthy habit stick. One day maybe I will actually really enjoy it? :-)

    One more thing. I don't know if you like lemon water, but many mornings I squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a glass of water and drink it. It really helps me wake up and get going in the morning, but I also like it during the day. It makes my body feel healthy and it is supposed to help you lose weight too.

    Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!