Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Year In Review

I have not blogged in what seems like forever. The Holidays were a crazy busy time of the year and I have been so wrapped up in everything going on around me that I have not sat down and even though of anything to blog about. Usually I blog about some projects I am working on. But to be honest I have not stepped in my craft room in over a month. I just have not had the time to do a project!

So here is a little something to hold you over until 2012 when I hopefully can get back on track! I didn't tell Heather I was stealing this from her, but I am. But then again, a ton of bloggers seem to have the same idea, so I honestly dont know who's idea it was first :)

Year 2011 

January: I turned 25 this month!! We also got a call from New Covenant Church about coming for a second interview. This was also during the time in which Robbie had no job and we were living off of our savings account. I also learned a lot about trusting in God's timing.

February: This is the month in which we went for our interview and then later found out we got the job. There was a lot of packing and moving going on. I was also 6 months pregnant.

March: Robbie started working at New Covenant Church as the youth pastor! I was so relieved and could finally feel God's answers to my prayers. We moved into a nice house that a lovely couple rented for us until we found our own.

April: This month was spent getting to know people at our church and house hunting. I also spent a lot of time going to the mid wife and going to the chiropractor. And sewing things for baby Ainsley.

May:  My beautiful daughter was born on May 2! She was a big baby and I had to have a c-section. Robbie and I spent a lot of this month trying to adjust to a new baby by ourselves. We also spent a lot of time trying to still find some sort of balance in having a baby and still being newly married.

June: I got to travel back to Mississippi to see my wonderful family and friends. I also got to be there for my nephew's birth!! I also rode the train for the very first time. Which I highly recommend to people! Robbie took our middle schooler's to Centrifuge.

July: I got to go to M-fuge with the highschoolers and Ainsley went to spend the week with my parents. It was so great to finally have a time to focus on my own relationship with Christ and also to get to see how much our students enjoyed missions! Robbie and I also celebrated our 1 year anniversary!! He took me to Greenville and reenacted our entire first date! :) We also found our house!! We became official homeowners on July 28th.

August: This month was spent doing a lot of unpacking and crafts for the house! Also painting. This house needed a lot of work!

September: A lot of crafting and some sewing. This month was kind of uneventful.

October: We had The BIG Youth Event. Lots of kids came and we had one recieve Christ. It was great watching how much Robbie has grown as a youth pastor since March. He just seems so much more comfortable on stage and does such a great job with our students! Ainsley got her her first two teeth. She also learned to sit up on her own.

November: Went back to Mississippi for Thanksgiving. Was such a great week!!! Most relaxing week I had all year!! This is when I got addicted to The Hunger Games and also got to see the first installment of Breaking Dawn in theaters with my mom and sister! :)

December: CRAZY MONTH!!! There were a couple of weeks where we had something every night during the week!!! We also went to Rock Hill for Christmas and it was wonderful! We had a good time. This is also the month in which I realize that my daughter is getting way to big!


Things to look forward to. Hopefully I will finally get that diaper bag tutorial. I also want to do some organization tips. I LOVE to organize. I am also really trying to lose weight. I have started drinking nothing but water since Monday. Which is a HUGE step in the right direction. I am only allowing myself to drink a cup of hot green tea or coffee. Other than that nothing else. Oh and milk. I can drink milk. But for the most part I have chosen to drink water. Next is to add in exercise and eating well!

Well hope everyone had a GREAT year!! See you in 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!