Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Kitchen Renovation!

Wondering what Robbie and I have been up to all week? 
(just go ahead and flatter me and say you have been thinking about it constantly!) 
Since we moved into our new house, we have been busy painting and decorating. Well I have been busy decorating but Robbie has been faithfully painting! HA!

We decided to tackle our kitchen this weekend. 

The kitchen had an awful blue plaid wallpaper, and underneath the wall paper was the oh so wonderful dark wood paneling! 

YAY! 

So we tore down all the wall paper, and then primed and painted, and painted, and painted that wood paneling. 


I decided I wanted my kitchen orange. Well, more like a burnt orange but this color is more like pumpkin orange. I wanted a color to compliment with my wonderful kitchen accessories and tea towels. 


O


You see that black part? 
That is chalkboard! We are so excited about. Eventually we want to frame it in somehow. I cant wait to use it! :) 
Now I need your help! 
Those kitchen cabinets have got to change color, but what color do we choose!? We are going to paint them but I am between two colors. 

I am between Gray, like this: 
 
That sink is awesome! I have no idea what kind of room this is, but it is cool. But remember...we are looking at the color of the cabinets haha

Or should we paint them white with an antique glaze: 

I know what Im leaning more towards, but what about you? 

And there is still more to do to the kitchen, like painting the cabinets and then we also have new flooring to put down in there!! So excited about my new flooring. It is so pretty! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Lookin' good :) I personally like the white with antique glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like white for the cabinets, but I personally think they'd look better without the antique glaze. That orange color (+ the existing white trim) looks pretty modern, and I think the glaze might not mesh well? I do like the orange though. It's unexpected. Painting the cabinets + new hardware + new floor is going to make this space look so different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the white would look much better with the orange than the gray would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking Antique white, even though it is more traditional. I really like the idea of the grey, but I'm afraid it might look too halloweenish. But it's all up to you! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!