Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting to Know Each Other

So Ainsley has been home for a little over a couple weeks now and she is already starting to look less and less like my newborn baby girl that I took home from the hospital. 

There are few things I didn't realize when taking her home though. 

1. You have to get to know her...she is actually a stranger to you. 
2. Newborns take FOREVER to eat and they eat every 3 hours!! 
3. I have a greater appreciation for my husband...never knew having a baby would make me love him more! 
4 C-sections are awful to recover from...not fun. 
5. You never fully feel prepared with a baby. 
6. I really missed the nurses at the hospital the first couple of days home. I wanted them to take her back and just call me when she needed to eat so I could sleep. 
7. I am a very selfish person. 
8. Nursing is exhausting

There a lot more things that you learn and I will continue to learn but the getting to know her part has been the biggest. I guess for me I automatically assumed I would be IN LOVE, head over heels with her the first time I held her. Granted, I did love her and had a sense of accomplishment in the last 9 months. However, I didn't feel connected to her. I actually felt more connected to Robbie and wanted to hang out with him more! But give it a couple days and she really starts to grow on ya! :) I am totally in love with her now. I also got to know Robbie in a different way. I got to know him as a father and him to know me as a mother. Its different how we have two roles to play now. Father and husband. Mother and wife.  I love both of my roles. Both of which are still new to me but I am getting to know them and will continue to get to know them for the rest of my life. 







1 comment:

  1. Every 2 weeks or so you will look at her and notice how different she looks. I still do that with Lula Mae and she just turned 3! They change so much and so fast so really try to enjoy each and every stage. Even the hard ones. They really are only babies for a blink of an eye!

    Nothing like having a baby to show you just how selfish you are, huh? Both of mine showed me very different things about myself, but they BOTH showed my how incredibly selfish I am.

    I laughed really hard about the newborns eating thing. My kids were HORRIBLE eaters! They both simply refused to nurse (even though everyone says it is the most natural thing you can do.. yeah right!) but even bottle feeding it took them FOREVER to eat! Lula Mae was the worst taking like a HOUR to eat maybe 2 oz! Oh I can remember how exhausting it is!

    Praying for healing for you. I have never had a c-section but I am certain it is incredibly painful. Enjoy getting to know your sweet little baby!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!