Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Painting Progress!

Finally!! After being gone in Chicago last week and taking a few days off from chores in general, I got the guest bedroom painted! Yay!!


Now when I started on this room, I figured it would be super simple. Get a bucket of paint and start painting away!! Right?! 

WRONG!

First off the trim was all dark. This meant I needed to sand it all and prime it, the I had to put not 1, not 2, not 3.......but FOUR coats of paint on the trim. 


For the trim I used Olympic Semi Gloss in Crumb Cookie from Lowes. 


Now after all the trim was done I started on the wall. I knew that I wanted to do two different tones. So I grabbed some tan paint from upstairs (also Olympic) and was about to start painting away. Until I noticed that the previous owners did not do a good job of tearing off the previous wall paper. 

GOODIE!!! :) 


Needless to say, this took a lot longer than I initially anticipated. 
But I am happy with how it came out and can NOT wait to get this room done. 

So here is the room before:


and After:

Here is the bed. I am looking at different options for bedding!! :) 


And again the wonderful closet doors. I promise I will finally paint them but they are just so hard to do!! Actually they are just too time consuming! :) 



And yes, that is an ancient desk top computer!!! I told Robbie I wanted to move it out of this room and put it upstairs but he wants it in there. 

Cant wait to show you the end table for the bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!