Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

My Favorite Painting Tool

So still painting the Guest Bedroom. Its coming along very slowly. 

While I finish getting the room painted, I thought I would share about my favorite painting tools.... 

The Shur Line Edger 


When we first moved into our house, we went ahead and painted the guest bathroom, master bedroom, and Ainsley's room. We used that blue painters tape you buy at the store to help us with the trims, baseboards and windows. First of all that tape can get expensive and I am pretty sure we went through 5 rolls of it!   Second of all it took FOREVER to tape around everything. 

When we got started on our living room, I told Robbie that there has got to be some other way! 
That's when we found this bad boy!! It seriously is SO great. 

It only cost about $5 and you can continue to buy little replacement pads for about $3 for 2 replacement pads. 




The pads are easy to clean and you get a lot of use out of them. 

You just dip it in the paint and wipe of any excess. Then you push the rollers on it up again your trim and slide it down your wall. 

and there you go!! A nice crisp line and you didn't have to spend time taping anything down. 

It is AMAZING!! 

I kind of kicked my self in the rear end after we had already painted three rooms using all of that tape when this little invention was just waiting to be bought from us at the store. 

Also I did not receive any sort of endorsement or advertising from Shur Line. I just really wanted to share with you guys a wonderful tool to help you paint with! 

I will leave you with a little preview of my newly painted guest bedroom! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!