Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fear

One of a mother's worst fears is probably when she has two kids that really need her. 
She needs to be in two places at once but can't. She has to choose to be with one.

I would hate to be in this situation. 

That is our situation now in our family. 

When Robbie and I moved to South Carolina, I knew I was going to be far from my family and my friends. I was extremely sad. But I knew that those big milestones in life, those my family would never miss. 

I was wrong. 

I am expecting Ainsley any day now before Thursday. They are going to start my labor for me on Thursday. 

I am expecting a healthy baby. I have had a healthy pregnancy. This is suppose to my parents first grandchild.

I knew as soon as I got pregnant that I needed my mom here. 

The tables turned last week. The same week that all the stuff with the house was happening (read last blog post to know what that is about). I get a call that my sister is in the ER. She is 28 weeks pregnant and was sick. She has thus been in and out since then and now they are continuing to have to stop her labor. My mom is by her side. Her friends are by her side. Her husband. Even my dad goes to see her (and if anyone knows me I am truly a daddies girl). 

This all being said. No one plans these things. My sister didnt plan on getting pregnant a couple months after me. She didnt plan on being sick and in the hospital at the same time I am suppose to deliever my baby. Its not her fault. And honestly it has added stress to me because I am worried about my sister. I want her to get better and I want baby Liam to be healthy and make it to his due date. 

But as for me. I have been bottling it in. Im trying so hard to keep it together.,.. but today it hit me. I relaly dont think my mom is going to be here when Ainsley is born. Neither of my parents are going to be here for their first grandchild's birth. What am I going to d after she is born without her? I have no family here. I have none of my closest friends here. Everyone is 10 hours away. 

Now I know that we have a wonderful new church family. And I know that they are willing and wanting to help out. Its not that I am ungrateful or that I dont love them back. But its just not the same. When you are going to deliver your first child. You want your family there. 

You want your mom there to help you. To teachgyou. To calm you down.

I am also not saying I would reject any help either. 

I just feel like something that is suppose to be so beautiful. And one of the happiest moments of your life, has slowly turned into something so stressful and unpicturesque. Something that continues to lead me to tears. Im trying so hard to find happiness in the situation. Im trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel or to find the bright side of this. I see nothing but darkness and fear. 

I feel forsaken. I feel like its not fair. 

How do you see the light? My Lord is so faithful to me. But yet he continues to keep allowing things to crumble down around me. He is teaching me something. I dont know what it is yet. Or maybe I dont want to know right now. Maybe I just want Him to see it my way and know that his plan is making me very sad. 

I have been updating on facebook about my sister's progress. Everyone is worried about her. I put up a statue about how I would be having Ainlsey this week. Called my parents and family. But when you have a sister who is going through so much right now, it kind of diminishes the fact that I am having Ainsley. Everyone is worried about Christine and Liam that Ainsley is this forgotten child. She's not a big deal. And that hurts me so much as a mother. 

Again...we dont plan on these things. It just so happened to be right now. I am just struggling on how to cope with the situation. I just want to be excited about my baby instead of worried about my sister or my mom not coming. 


4 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet friend. My initial reaction to reading this was to jump on a plane & head your way. While I don't think that is possible...I am praying. I am so sorry things have turned into such an "unplanned" time. God knows what He's doing. He has not forsaken His child & I think deep down you know that. It seems as though there's a deep test of your faith going on & you will come out all the stronger in the end. I am praying for your sister but I am also praying for you. You do not need any added stress. The day that precious Ainsley comes into the world you will not be remorseful...you will be full of joy because the baby you've been waiting on for months will have finally arrived!

    I know it's not the same context, but when my mom had her stroke I just kept feeling like the Lord did not understand how much I needed her for future things or even to just pick up the phone & call. I remember feeling so sorry for myself because even though my mom was still alive, she had now become a completely different person that could not communicate with me verbally & could not learn things anymore. The biggest part of my feeling sorry for myself was in getting ready for my wedding & then the actual event. Those days were so hard. Even though my mom was physically present, she isn't "my mom"...the woman that raised me.

    I can't imagine your mom not being present for the birth or how you must feel or what you must be thinking but I'm sure I'll feel the same way one day. Keep your head up even though it's hard. The Lord is holding your hand & says to you not to be afraid. Remember His promises & keep your gaze set on Him even when all you can do is cry. I'm praying sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sweetie. I am so glad you shared your heart today. I am sorry to say that I had not considered how Christine's plight had affected you without your mom here. I am praying that you feel God's loving arms and peace today. I know we aren't Mom and Dad to you, but New Covenant is now a part of your family, and I know we aren't as intimate with you as your friends that are far away...but, we do love and care for you. And although we can't ever replace mom in this situation, we will be "family" to you in every way possible. Know that I am not diminishing your fear or sorrow, just trying to encourage you that you will be joyful when Ainsley arrives and even if mom and dad can't be here, there heart will be and there prayers will be carried heavenward in love for you. May God hold you close today and impart an intensity of his love thru His word and thoughts to you, and even more so thru the "family" he has put around you at this time. Interceding on your behalf today...
    Debbie Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam: Thank you so much for your encouragement. And your right. I do know that the Lord has not forsaken me but knowing it and feeling it is what I was getting at. Im sure I will feel like it during my labor too ha. I know He has a plan in this and I know that we can do this alone. Im pretty sure its the added hormones and the fact that I have a husband who is needy ha ha that stresses me out. I just need her here for after Ainsley is here to help me.

    Debbie: Thank you for your encouragement as well and I feel very blessed to know that we are part of such an amazing church, and when I say church I mean a true body of believers! Our church family is the only thing that is keeping me sane and remembering that everything will be okay. Without y'all I don't know what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha. I seriously can't stop laughing out loud at the "I have a husband who is needy". hahahaha. I know that feeling. hahahahaha. I seriously wish you could see how hard I'm still laughing. Oh man. PS....SO glad your mom is getting to come up!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!