Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Biblical Friendships

So yesterday I decided to go to one of the women's bible studies at our church. I was told to get there at around 9ish and that it was their last one for the year and they were having brunch afterwards. Naturally I accepted the offer to come, however I must admit I have been so exhausted and really had the urge to sleep in that morning. 

So glad I didn't. 

Not only did I get to meet more of the women of our church, ya know the one's full of wisdom that have lived longer than me. The ones that you look up to as a younger woman. They are just all so beautiful! But I also got to listen to their last message of their bible study. The message was about biblical friendships. 

I guess since I have been in Greenwood, I have felt like something was missing. I love greenwood, and I love our church but something was still missing. Thats when it hit me. 

I have not seen any of my friends since I got married in July of 2010. We actually I did get to them at one point back in like September for a brief lunch and my best friend Anna for a weekend. But that is still not enough! 

The reason this struck me so badly was because all of these friends of mine are complete and utter biblical friendships! Our friendships are centered in Christ and we live our lives for Christ together. When one is struggling the other is there to pick them up or to diligently pray for them. Its rare that you find one amazing biblical friendship but to have 5 of them!! (Granted I have more friends but these 5 girls all have been rooted with my in Christ) Wow....so naturally while I am starting out in Greenwood I don't know everyone that well. I am also trying to make sure that I get to know more and more people and that I don't get stuck in one circle of friends,but at the same time I long for a deep friendship. Everyone has them and everyone needs them. 

Of course I know that this wont happen for a while, because those kinds of friendship's take time. Plus when you already have 5 its so hard not to compare those amazing friendships with others! I know I will find that here, I just have to wait and be patient. The Lord will bring this friendship into my life in His timing.


But oh how I miss my beautiful friends. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Give it time. God will bring just the right people into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, I know it will take time :). I also realized that I need to proof read my blog posts haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, you are honest and lovable right from the start. You hide nothing and let people see who you really are. Those are very important things that I know I look for in friendship, as do most women who know what biblical friendship is. You are uber-great and I can't wait to be more of a friend to you!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, so go ahead and leave one!